- Location Nottingham, UK
- Status Built
- Service Architecture
- Sector Education and research
- Area 6,200m²/66,700ft²
- Client The University of Nottingham
This brand-new teaching facility – Make’s fifth scheme for the University of Nottingham – sits on University Park, one of the UK’s largest campuses. Our competition-winning design centres on student interaction, and establishes a strong relationship between the new educational hub and its surrounding landscape.
Our design includes ample spaces for students to meet and socialise, arranged around seminar and study rooms, a lecture theatre, and performing arts space. This layout incorporates generous circulation routes, and is designed to respond efficiently to the changing needs of students and teachers alike. The building’s spaces are connected by a top-lit atrium, while full-height glazing to the stairs provides views of the campus landscape and draws in natural light.
The new facility is a welcoming, accessible destination – a place for students to gather and interact, and a focal point for the campus as a whole.
Our design gives great consideration to the teaching, learning and social interaction this new building will facilitate.
- RIBA National Awards 2019 Winner
- RIBA Awards 2019 Winner - Sustainability Award, East Midlands
- RIBA Awards 2019 Winner - East Midlands
- RICS Awards 2019 Shortlisted - Design Through Innovation category, East Midlands