- Location London, UK
- Status Built
- Services Architecture, Urban design
- Sector Workplace
- Area 46,500m²/500,000ft²
- Client Brookfield Properties, Oxford Properties
London Wall Place sets the standard for new commercial developments where public realm is central to the scheme design. The 2-acre commercial campus, which features two buildings with over 500,000ft² of premium workspace, 35,000ft² of roof terraces, and two retail premises, has an acre of new public gardens at its heart.
A series of pocket parks form the new terraced gardens, which are set among the restored remains of the Roman city wall and medieval St Alphage church tower. The ‘highwalks’ of the 1960s, meanwhile, have been reimagined as 350m of gently curving Corten bridges through and beyond the site. Together with the adjacent Salters’ Hall Garden and St Alphage Garden, the area will deliver over 780m² of green walls and more than 1.5 acres of public realm.
The two buildings share the same striking appearance, and are clad in elegant bands of concrete and iridescent dark blue ceramic, inspired by the Kentish ragstone found in the Roman wall. 1 London Wall Place – the new headquarters for global asset manager Schroders – provides 310,000ft² of space over 13 floors and 9 roof terraces, while 2 London Wall Place is a 17-storey multi-let building housing international law firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton as well as software firm R3 and consultancy Barnett Waddingham.
London Wall Place creates a new destination in the heart of the City, providing two new office buildings that can accommodate up to 5,000 employees, as well as a unique sequence of city gardens that will become a sanctuary in the Square Mile.
- New London Awards 2019 Shortlisted – Commercial
- New London Awards 2019 Highly Commended – Public Spaces
- The Pineapples Award for Place 2019 Highly Commended
- BCO Awards 2019 Shortlisted – Best Corporate Workplace, London
- RIBA Awards 2019 Winner – London
- Property Week 2019 Shortlisted – Placemaking
- RICS Awards 2019 Winner – Best Commercial, South
- London Planning Awards 2018 Shortlisted – Best New Workplace
- London Planning Awards 2018 Shortlisted – Heritage and Culture
- London Planning Awards 2018 Shortlisted – Mayors Award for Sustainability
- Architecture MasterPrize 2018 Winner – Landscape Architecture / Commercial
- Blueprint Awards 2018 Shortlisted – Best Non-Public Project
- Structural Steel Design Awards 2018 Merit
- AJ Architecture Awards 2018 Shortlisted
- OAS Development Awards 2018 Winner – Best City Development
- Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects Awards 2018 Winner – Best New Build in the City of London
- British Construction Industry Awards 2018 Shortlisted – Commercial Property Project of the Year
- World Architecture Festival 2011 Shortlisted – Future Projects, Commercial
- WAN Awards 2011 Commendation – Unbuilt, Commercial