If you have any questions relating to this policy, please contact us:
32 Cleveland Street
Tel: +44 20 7636 5151
At Make Architects (“we”, “our”, or “us”) we take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting it. This privacy notice explains how and why we collect your personal data and how it is used when you visit http://www.makearchitects.com or interact with us in other ways (for example corresponding with us via email). If you are looking to apply for a job with us, click on this link to read our job applicants privacy notice. Our registered name is Make Limited and we are a company incorporated under the laws of the United Kingdom at 32 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4JY. We are the data controller in relation to the processing activities described below.
Personal data we processThe personal data we may collect about you includes:
- Contact details including name, job title, email address and home or business address
- Communications data including information provided in the course of correspondence or in calls with you
- Details about the services we offer and provide to you
- Data about your location which comes from your electronic devices
- Behavioural data about your use of our products and services
- Technical data from your devices and the technology you use
- Usage data about how you use our products and services
How we collect your personal dataWe collect your data from a number of sources including: Data you provide to us, for example where you:
- Enquire about our services
- Contact us by phone or speak to us in person
- Use our website
- Contact us by email or letter
- Data supplied by suppliers, sub-contractors, advisers and agents such as companies that help us provide our services or advise on how to run, develop and improve our business
- Regulatory, government or law enforcement agencies
- Social networks
- Product providers
Lawful bases and why we process your personal dataWhere you have provided CONSENT Where we have your consent to do so, we may contact you via email or text with marketing information about our services or products. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time. Please see 'Withdrawing your consent' for further details. Where there is a LEGITIMATE INTEREST We may use and process your personal data where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business, or that of a third party, for the following purposes:
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent to contact you by email)
- For analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer experience
- To correspond or communicate with you
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access
- For prevention of fraud and other criminal activities
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- For the management of queries, complaints, or claims
- For the establishment and defence of our legal rights
- For the purposes of any proposed restructuring, acquisition, purchase or merger of any part of our business
- To assist the Architects Registration Board or other public authority or criminal investigation body;
- To identify you when you contact us; and/or
- To verify the accuracy of data we hold about you.
Sharing your personal dataWe may disclose your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- Group companies – to companies within our group, for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice, for example personal data in connection with the services or products that complement our own range of services or products.
- Our suppliers and service providers – to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf. Such third parties may include cloud service providers (such as hosting and email management), marketing agencies and administrative services.
- Potential buyers – to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer to use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this privacy notice.
- Law enforcement agencies – to any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- Other parties – to any other person where you have agreed that we can share your personal data with them.
Where we store your personal information/international transfers of dataWe use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data. We keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the UK. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to UK laws. Specifically, our website servers or those of our third party service providers may be located in a country outside of the UK. Our Group companies are established in Hong Kong and Sydney. This means that when we collect your personal data we may process it in those locations and across the globe. If we transfer your information outside of the UK in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal data or ensuring that the jurisdiction in which the recipients are based ensures adequate protection of personal data. Please contact us using the details at the top of this page for more information about the protections that we put in place and to obtain a copy of the relevant documents.
How long we keep your personal data forWe will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because it has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
SecurityWe have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
MarketingWe may collect your preferences to receive marketing information directly from us by email if you register with us online, we will ask you if you would like to provide your consent to receive marketing information directly from us. From time to time, we may ask you to refresh your marketing preferences by asking you to confirm that you consent to continue receiving marketing information from us. We may contact you with marketing information by email, post or by telephone or with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and platforms operated by other companies by using your personal information, or use your personal data to tailor marketing to improve its relevance to you, unless you object.
- Access to information – you have the right to access information held about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Please provide us with proof of your identity, and we can provide you with details of the information we hold about you. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal data if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
- Withdrawing your consent – where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, as set out under ‘Lawful bases and why we use your personal information’, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using our unsubscribe tool. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal data before you withdraw is still lawful.